Job ID 12409
We have a long-term contract with SSE, providing support across their Overhead Line, PCB transformer Changes and various dismantlement schemes across 11KV and 33KV.
As an Overhead Lines Works Manager, you will lead a multi-disciplined team, ensuring that all operations of the schemes/contract(s) are performed on time, to specification and within specific Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental guidelines. Specific Productivity, Cost and Risk benchmarks shall be set, and the OHL Manager will monitor and/or report on these during construction. Close liaison with the Stakeholders will be maintained throughout and programmes updated regularly to show progress.
We are looking for someone to:
- Manage the scheme/contract ensuring daily supervision is in place to supervise and manage the workforce (direct and subcontract labour)
- Manage effective and efficient planning of the work; ensuring co-ordination between the schedulers, Supervisors, Site Support and operational gangs
- Ensure efficient procurement and cost management of sites, depots, vehicles, plant, PPE, materials and scheme/contract resources
- Collaborative with other Area Managers to share ideas, resources and learning to ensure a consistent and unified service across all areas of the scheme/contract
- Work closely with the scheme/contract design team to ensure any new work is fit for purpose
- Identify engineering opportunities prior to schemes being planned to improve operations delivery and/or cost effectiveness and subsequently managing and monitoring the change process for these schemes
- Work collaboratively with Health & Safety advisors to promote best practice across all works
- Undertake regular inspection and audit of operational teams to include sites, depots and teams.
- Ensure Employee appraisals are undertaken as required by company procedures.
- Ensure all Health & Safety standards are being adhered to across all design works
- Ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered to across all works
- Identify and resolve any third party restrictions (easements, bridges and structures) by liaising with the relevant stakeholders
- Develop strong and regular communication links with clients, colleagues and Local Authority officers
- Performance manage staff at multiple sites as and when required, including all day-to-day HR issues. Manage staff retention including recruitment for multiple sites and succession planning
Experience and Qualifications
- Overhead Line, PCB transformer Changes and various dismantlement experience across 11KV and 33KV.
- Health & Safety qualification an advantage
- IOSH and or NEBOSH
- SMSTS Qualification minimum
- Relevant qualifications and authorisations
- Experience of working in Utilities and specifically Overhead Lines.
- NRSWA Supervisor Street works qualification
- Good management skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Full UK Driving Licence
Network Plus at a Glance
We are an award-winning utility and infrastructure business with more than 20 years’ experience, operatingfrom 80+ depots across the UK.
- We are Network Plus
- Diversity & Inclusion at Network Plus
- Our approach to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Latest news
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Network Plus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We are Armed Forces-friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent