Job ID 12560
Duties & Responsibilities
Lead the VAT compliance process including:
- Preparation of VAT returns, forecasts and overseeing VAT payments
- Monitoring of compliance obligations and registration requirements and de-registrations as required.
- Dealing with any VAT queries and correspondence from HMRC.
- Performing VAT balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring compliance with Making Tax Digital requirements, including review of record keeping processes.
- Be the main point of contact for VAT queries & requests, providing VAT advise, guidance & support to the business.
- Review existing processes, policies and procedures and implement strategies for improvement / automation.
- Ensure appropriate VAT controls & frameworks are embedded and adhered to.
- Continuous review of UK indirect tax developments to identify opportunities for savings, indirect tax recoveries & identification of risks.
Take ownership and lead VAT projects including:
- Systems implementation, improvement and consolidation.
- Provide training and support to the business, as well as providing advice and consideration of VAT implications of proposed business strategies
- Work with external consultants to ensure latest developments are identified and implemented
- Support with VAT audits & compliance reviews from suppliers as required
- Collaborate with finance transformation team as the lead on VAT reporting improvements.
Experience in managing VAT processes for a large group, either ideally in an indirect tax function, or from an accounting and tax services advisory firm
- Professional qualification in accounting or tax
- Advanced excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot tables, Sum If, etc)
- Excellent organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, having the confidence to communicate clearly with senior management and challenge commercial teams
- Comfortable dealing with a cross section of stakeholders, both finance and non-finance
- Ability to think logically and methodically
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flexible & proactive, with an eagerness to learn
- Able to prioritise workload effectively within a scaling business
Network Plus at a Glance
We are an award-winning utility and infrastructure business with more than 20 years’ experience, operating from 80+ depots across the UK.
- We are Network Plus
- Diversity & Inclusion at Network Plus
- Our approach to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Latest news
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Network Plus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We are Armed Forces-friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract