Network Plus is proud to been awarded a long-term tender with Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) for Tree Maintenance.
Following the successful delivery of our existing Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) tree maintenance contract across the Ridgeway area, we are thrilled to announce that Network Plus has now been awarded contracts covering Reading and Aldershot.
This contract award follows the successful acquisition of EOS by Network Plus in 2021, broadening the company’s expertise and capabilities in order to provide a comprehensive service to clients.
The teams delivering this contract will be responsible for elements such as:
- Planning and programming of tree and shrub cutting, clearing, and planting activity.
- Ground surveying of Over Head Line (OHL) networks to monitor vegetation growth
- Clearance of trees and vegetation for the construction of new structures, to achieve network resilience, and for the ongoing maintenance of existing substations and associated access.
- Emergency response and assistance with tree clearance during adverse weather events.
- The planting and maintenance of replacement trees, woodland areas, and landscape screening.
- Arranging and delivering network outages
- Provision of traffic management.
This work is to be undertaken at all voltages from LV to 400kV, improving network resilience and complying with the ESQC regulations.
Alex Gurney, Director of EOS for Network Plus said,
“We are uniquely positioned in the market with our capability to deliver tree cutting, network outages, and traffic management all under one roof – truly a turnkey operation. We look forward to continuing our working relationships with SSEN for the next six years.”