We are pleased to announce that Network Plus has been awarded the Overhead Line Wood Pole Works for Electricity North West, operating across their entire footprint throughout ED2.
As the incumbent contractor since 2020, this contract award is a testament to the team’s hard work and success with Electricity North West. Our long-standing relationship with ENWL also includes over 10 years partnership working on the Underground Cable Framework across their Central and Northern areas, again due to the work of the team based out of Preston.
The works will include new overhead line connections, asset replacement and refurbishment, operations and maintenance, diversions, visual amenities, faults, repairs, and disconnections, as well as vegetation and tree surveying.
On behalf of ENWL, Network Plus will complete:
- Secondary Networks Capital LV & HV (11kV).
- Business and Domestic Connections.
- Tree Cutting.
- Automation Works (typically stand-alone programmes).
- Faults and Storm response.
- Transmission Capital Work (33kV)
- PCBs – Pole mounted transformer replacement programme.
The works will include but are not limited to:
- Installation of overhead line wood pole circuits for new customers and replacement of existing assets.
- Installation of new or existing overhead line plant i.e. pole mounted transformers, air-brake switches.
- Installation of overhead line conductor for new customers or replacing existing assets.
- Undergrounding of existing overhead line services.
- Overhead line service installation / alteration, disconnection and removal, including mural wiring.
- Refurbishment of existing wood pole lines i.e. replacement cross-arms, installation of support stays, plumbing poles.
- Installation of underground cable circuits associated with overhead line schemes.
- Planned tree cutting & vegetation management programmes.
- Provision of Senior Authorised Person(s) to carry out switching works necessary for the performance of the works.
- Liaising with third party landowners, customers, other contractors and highways / statutory authorities
Graeme Petrie, Contract Director at Network Plus, said
“This is excellent news for the business and cements our long-standing relationship with Electricity North West. Our success in securing this contract is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of the teams on both the overhead lines and underground cable contracts.”