Job ID 12510
As a Regional Transport Manager, you will oversee our fleet of commercial vehicles. You will ensure our fleet moves smoothly and efficiently whilst managing costs to maximize profits.
We are looking for someone to:
- Carry out random vehicle roadworthiness checks
- Carry out random vehicle weight checks
- Carry out auditing of HGV Maintenance records and associated daily vehicle checks, also Maintenance providers
- Carry out auditing of driver hours records
- Carry out auditing of operating centres and vehicle numbers
- Carry out auditing of sub-contractors fleet / drivers
- Ensure audit findings are actioned and recorded appropriately
- Brief / communicate / provide guidance to contract management on Fleet issues
- Manage any O Licence restrictions in place on licence (if applicable)
- Review all HGV OCRS Scoring and MOT test history and where applicable investigate failings
- Ensure all vehicles / plant are presented for scheduled maintenance events in line with central fleet bookings
- Attend / hold regular meetings with Contract Management to discuss fleet performance / Service Levels
- To be an escalation point for contracts and central fleet team
- Promote and educate all central fleet policies and procedures to contract personnel to ensure they are followed – i.e. ordering of vehicles, reporting defects etc
- Distribution of O Licence discs
- Assist in vehicle incident investigations
- Assist in Contract mobilisations / demobilisations
Experience and Qualifications
- National CPC Holder
- An ideal candidate will have fleet and plant experience within the utility sector
- Key2/Jaama experience an advantage but not essential
- Health & Safety qualification an advantage
- Strong management skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Driving Licence
Network Plus at a Glance
We are an award-winning utility and infrastructure business with more than 20 years’ experience, operating from 80+ depots across the UK.
- We are Network Plus
- Diversity & Inclusion at Network Plus
- Our approach to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Latest news
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Network Plus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We are Armed Forces-friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent