Job ID 12549
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will support the Commercial Manager; helping to drive efficiencies, managing costs and regional performance for our clients. This role will see you take control of all financial aspects of the projects, overseeing all commercial & contractual matters. You will deliver desired margin return utilising high standards of commercial acumen. Whilst identifying, recording and tracking, both risks and opportunities.
We are looking for someone to:
- Manage and monitor project costs including weekly P&L reporting.
- Drive the forecast/cost to complete process with Project Manager’s so that variances to budget are communicated to Project Finance as early as possible in the delivery cycle.
- Provide feedback to the Finance, and Estimating teams where required.
- Be actively involved with tenders and pricing.
- Review contract documents and advise on any issues.
- Track the progress and cash flow forecast information.
- Produce and review commercial forecasts, Cost Value Reconciliation (CVRs) and Project Finance Reports
- Take responsibility for Subcontract Management, including Subcontract Forecasting, raising Subcontractor Orders and Negotiating Subcontract terms when appropriate.
- Prepare subcontract documents, enquiries, and assessment of quotations.
- Place subcontract orders, agreement and certification of subcontract valuations, invoice, subcontract payments and final account agreements.
- Manage and track project changes, variations and/or notices.
- Assess and value variations and compensation events.
- Prepare and submit interim valuations and payment applications to clients, along with the agreement of final accounts.
- Attend risk review, progress, and commercial meetings on-site with the Client.
- Assist Credit Control with cash recovery and forecasting.
- Support the operational team in daily commercial and contractual aspects.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualification is desirable but not essential.
- You will have previous experience working in the Multi Utilities industry.
- Ability to prioritise workload, multi-task and work under tight time pressures.
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail.
- Logical mind
Network Plus Multi Utility at A Glance
We are an award-winning utility and infrastructure business with more than 20 years’ experience, operating from 80+ depots across the UK.
- We are Network Plus
- Diversity & Inclusion at Network Plus
- Our approach to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Latest news
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Network Plus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We are Armed Forces-friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent