Job ID 12507
As an Assistant Tax Manager, you will be supporting the Head of Tax managing all aspects of the tax compliance obligations of Network Plus and various tax advisory projects.
We are looking for someone to:
- ·Assist in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with our tax advisers and internal finance teams to prepare our corporation tax return tax-packs
- Keep a record of tax compliance dates and submission records
- Support in the preparation of tax cashflow forecasting
- Support the Head of Tax in providing tax technical support to our payroll and subcontractor teams on PAYE / National Insurance and Construction Industry Scheme matters
- Support with other tax compliance obligations such as PAYE Settlement Agreements and Status Determination Statements for IR35
- Support the Head of Tax with internal reviews of accounting processes to ensure they are tax compliant and efficient for senior accounting officer purposes
- Support with tax projects as required
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant degree/studying towards ATT/CIOT or accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA) with strong relevant experience in a similar role.
- Willing and interested in learning about new aspects of tax.
- Good tax research skills.Good communication skills and ability to take direction as part of a team.
- Good computer skills with strong excel capability, including experience in preparing tax/VAT data.
- Flexible and able to support pinch points in workload, particularly at tax deadlines
Network Plus at a Glance
We are an award-winning utility and infrastructure business with more than 20 years’ experience, operating from 80+ depots across the UK.
- We are Network Plus
- Diversity & Inclusion at Network Plus
- Our approach to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Latest news
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Network Plus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We are Armed Forces-friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time