Assistant Operations Manager
Assistant Operations Manager
Network Plus is a leading utility and infrastructure service provider, operating across the UK.
Originally established in 2000, the company has grown significantly through the award of long-term contract frameworks with major utility organisations and infrastructure providers. With a current workforce of over 3,200 our services are delivered through an absolute focus on health and safety as well as market leading levels of service to both our clients and their customers.
Our Headquarters are based in Worsley, Greater Manchester, and we operate from over 53 depot bases. We deliver services 24/7/365 in city centres as well as rural locations.
Our vision is to be the best service provider in the UK utilities and infrastructure sectors by safely constructing, maintaining and managing essential services.
As an Assistant Operations Manager, you will be responsible learning how to lead the operational and financial performance of the contract; delivering the work safely, on time and to our key customer expectations. As key member of the contract succession plan you will be open to learning from all existing Operations Managers, within different functions, with an aspiration to lead in the future.
You will lead the following specific tasks on the Bristol Water contract, working alongside existing Operations Managers.
- Maintaining contract compliance with the dig crews including:
- Chairing the daily Toughbook compliance meeting around redlines and offsite forms
- Re-implementation of the team dashboard that measures compliance information such as productivity, GCat compliance, speeding etc
- Taking control of the BW Contract fleet, plant, logistics. Ensuring all vehicles are allocated to the correct person and regular plant audits are undertaken.
- Taking lead of the depots, and maintaining compliance with H&S, inductions and delivery procedures.
- Ensuring that the Logistics Manager has the relevant support to keep consumable items stocked, including emergency OOH stock
- Finalising and setting up a dedicated training/induction facility within the yard
- Become an expert in the company and contract induction process
- Responsible for the daily jeopardy exercise which confirms what dig work has been completed, what needs reallocating and what is at risk of cancellation to maximise dig crew efficiency.
- You will need to have an understanding of the different types of reinstatement and be willing to learn the intricacies of planning works for backfill, reinstatement and site clear activities.
- You will have a basic understanding of street works legislation, and the impact of NRSWA, Section 74 compliance, defects, and challenges around permit durations.
- The successful candidate will take an active interest in the engineering aspect of highways reinstatement with the intention of becoming a lead in learning / coaching elements internally to other departments such as planners or promoters.
You will also review the tender promises sheet and lead on a monthly initiative to ensure Network Plus have met their commitments made at bid stage
You will ensure all work within the contracts under your control are carried out in full compliance with health, safety, welfare and environmental regulations while working to maximize the profitability of each contract under their control and ensuring satisfaction of contractual requirements
You will monitor the safe installation and maintenance of water networks supplies
You will ensure compliance with client authorisation requirements and specifications, with the company standards of service and quality systems
You will control documentation from cradle to grave with a strong interface with the back-office support team
You will ensure that the requirements of the Construction (Design & management) regulations (CDM) are complied with as they apply to the work activities undertaken by the company
You will ensure that the sub-contract organisation and direct labour are assessed in terms of their health and safety competence prior to commencing work for on and behalf of the company
You will assess the risk associated with our operations and ensuring that suitable and sufficient site specific method statements and risk assessments are compiled with in advance of works
You will manage and motivate a team, delegating where appropriate, but leading by example
You will have an ordered approach to the development of the people in your area
You will support the team and add value through your experience
You will demand safety and competence (including training needs) and push for improvement in all teams
You will be business-like and present a positive image of the Company
You will contribute at a senior level
You will adopt the planned vs actual comparison as a business working too
You will set the tone in the organisation of workload and team allocation; managing of all resources e.g. labour, materials and plant
You will be close to the commercial arrangements, making sure we can deliver for our clients and make margin
You will be an integral part of our business development approach, through client interface and company governance
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience along with a full benefits package.
Network Plus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We are Armed Forces-friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.